To be honest: This post may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of my links, there will be absolutely no extra cost to you, but I do receive a small commision. It helps keep the lights on! No pressure. Thanks for understanding!
Are you frustrated with the course texture of your hair? I can go on about all the ways to treat your hair well but once the damage is done use this homemade dry hair mask to repair it without going to the salon and leaving with an empty purse.
Dry hair can be caused by many factors such as bleaching/colouring, heat damage, or just being generally dehydrated.
It only takes a few minutes to make and all the ingredients are natural elements that won’t cause any harm. Can be used on coloured hair as nothing will be harsh on your hair. They are all just going to nourish your hair and restore it with a healthy shine.
(Halve ingredients if you have short hair)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons castor oil
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoon honey
How To do a Dry Hair Mask at Home:
It can get a little messy. Do this the day BEFORE cleaning day, not the day AFTER.
Get changed into something comfortable that you can take off without pulling it over your head (something with a front zip opening is perfect). Also, something that you don’t mind messing on for now. (It won’t stain).
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth (best to melt the coconut oil first)
2. Decant into a flat container for easy accessibility.
3. Brush hair out to detangle.
4. Using either your hands or a brush, start by applying the mask to your roots, parting it in different sections to get it to cover your scalp.
5. Use the rest of the mixture to cover the length of you hair generously.
6. Clip your hair up with a plastic clip if it is long.
7. Cover with a shower cap (plastic is best for protection)
8. Leave on for an hour
Make the most of your hour:
11. Hop in the shower and wash hair as normal (you may need to comb your hair and shampoo twice, then condition as normal).
12. Dry/style as you choose.
**desperately need a haircut here**
Best to do 2-4 times a month to see continued improvement, more frequently if you use heat on your hair.
*BONUS* How to Keep Your Hair Healthy and Nourished:
Your hair is essentially nourished from the inside. Your diet can make a significant different in the quality of your hair as long as you keep up with maintenance and avoid damaging it with harmful styling and treatments.
Essential Nutrients and Supplements
Omega 3 Oils